17) So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the
Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. 18) They are darkened in their
understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in
them due to the hardening of their hearts. 19) Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity,
with a continual lust for more.
20) You, however, did not come to know Christ that way. 21) Surely you heard of him
and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus.
22) You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self,
which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires;
23) to be made new in the attitude of your minds;
24) and to put on the new self, created to be like God
in true righteousness and holiness.
*insist on ~: ~ 를 주장하다. *no longer ~:더 이상 ~ 하지 않다. *futility: n)무익
17)insist (on it) that ~:that이하를 강조하다. 주장하다의 뜻
17) 그러므로 내가 이것을 말하며 주 안에서 증거하노니 이제부터는 이방인이 그 마음의 허망한 것으로 행함같이 너희는 행하지 말라